Workshop dates: May 21 to June 1, 2018
Registration deadline: Febuary 15, 2018 -> deadline has been extended to February, 28, 2018
Acceptance date: March 15, 2018
PhD students from
developing regions in Africa, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Mauritrius. Applications from
post-docs and young faculty members showing proven interest to moving
into radio astronomy, with emphasis on CME and type II solar radio bursts,
will also be welcome.
Selection of ParticipantsCOSPAR attaches considerable importance to the selection of students on
the basis of merit, so no distribution according to countries of origin
can be guaranteed. However, the importance of meeting the needs of the
host country are understood, and a certain level of preference for
students from the host country is assumed. As a rule of thumb, at least
50% of the participants should come from countries in the region other
than the host country.
- scientific background,
- ability and potential,
- likelihood of benefiting in research career from attending the workshop
- relationship to relevant home country scientific policies.
Applicants will be required to provide a CV, a description of their
research to date, an explanation on how they would use the workshop to
further their research, and a supporting recommendation from their
supervisor or head of department.
The selection will be made by a panel designated by Dr. Abraha, Dr.
Teklu, Prof. Gopalswamy and Prof. Mendez
Applicants will be required to provide:
- A description of their research to date
- Two letters of recommendation
- A one-page letter that explains how the attendance at this workshop
would benefit your future.
- A research proposal for a project that you would like to undertake
during the workshop.
- A list of publications (if you are student and have published, you
should also provide this list)
- A supporting recommendation from their supervisor or head of department
Applications that do not include these seven documents will be
concompliant and rejected. The selection will be made by a panel
consisting of Dr. Abraha, Dr. Teklu, Prof. Gopalswamy and Prof. Mendez
Note: Lodging and meals will be covered by the sponsors for all the
Details about the registration process and request for financial support
can be downloaded from:
- registration_form (doc) - (pdf)
- support_form (doc) - (pdf)Documents should be sent by e-mail to the selection committee :
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com